By Nicole Errett, Lecturer in Environmental and Occupational Health, University of Washington. Hurricane Harvey flooded one-third of Houston and displaced more then 30,000 people in the region. Janelle Rios, CC BY-ND For most Americans, the one-two punch of last fall’s hurricanes is ancient history. But hard-hit communities in Texas, Florida and the Caribbean are still rebuilding.…Continue reading
Here is the Latest from the National Hurricane Center on Hurricane Matthew as it moves north just off shore of Florida’s East Coast.
Here is a little podcast update on Hurricane Matthew and the situation in Syria with Russia.
Today is Thursday October 6th 2016. This morning we are tracking a number of things around the world.
- Hurricane Matthew
- Mandatory Evacuations have been posted for a number of communities along the Florida East Coast
- As of 2am Matthew was a Category 3 Hurricane clocking winds of 115 mph and a pressure of 954mb
- Matthew should be making it’s closest approach to Florida Friday AM based on some of the forecast models
- Election 2016
- I’ll have my reactions to the Vice presidential debates as well as what to look forward to in the next presidential debate.
- After Russia’s Embassy in Damascus Syria was attack Monday The US and Russia ended all diplomatic talks concerning Syria and Russia bolstered it’s Air defenses.
- Russia is telling it’s citizens that a Nuclear Confrontation with the West could be coming soon and to be prepared
- Russia is conducting Nuclear Drills to test it’s preparedness consisting of more then 40 million people. The Drills are designed to test everything from it’s notification systems to post attack response.
- The US is mulling over possible responses to Russia’s Continued airstrikes on Aleppo Syria including Military options.
Hurricane Track – Hurricane Matthew Update
This evening a Noaa P3 Orion flying into Tropical Storm Earl found winds supporting an upgrade to Hurricane Earl. With a Pressure of 988mb and 75mph winds.
Here is the update from the National Hurricane Center regarding the upgrade of Earl to a Hurricane:
000 WTNT65 KNHC 032057 TCUAT5 HURRICANE EARL TROPICAL CYCLONE UPDATE NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL052016 400 PM CDT WED AUG 03 2016 ...NOAA PLANE FINDS THAT EARL IS NOW A HURRICANE... A NOAA Hurricane Hunter aircraft just reached Earl and measured maximum sustained winds of 75 mph (120 km/h), indicating that Earl is now a hurricane. SUMMARY OF 400 PM CDT...2100 UTC...INFORMATION ---------------------------------------------- LOCATION...17.1N 86.0W ABOUT 70 MI...110 KM NE OF ISLA ROATAN HONDURAS ABOUT 150 MI...240 KM E OF BELIZE CITY MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...75 MPH...120 KM/H PRESENT MOVEMENT...W OR 280 DEGREES AT 14 MPH...22 KM/H MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...988 MB...29.18 INCHES $$ Forecaster Avila The forecast track takes the Hurricane into Belize over night where it is forecast to weaken before emerging back over the Bay of Campeche where it could have a little time to restrengthen before making it's final landfall along the Mexican coast. Hurricane Warnings have been issues for the east coasts of Belize including the following areas:
A Hurricane Warning is in effect for... * Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico, southward to the Belize/Guatemala border. * Bay Islands, Honduras. A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for... * North coast of Honduras from Cabo Gracias a Dios westward to the Honduras/Guatemala border. * North of Puerto Costa Maya to Punta Allen, Mexico. For storm information specific to your area, please monitor products issued by your national meteorological service.
Hurricane Preparations in these areas should be rushed to completion!
I will have more through out the evening and as conditions warrant!